Adding full-text URLs to existing deposits
If you’ve previously registered content without including your full-text URLs for Similarity Check, don’t worry - you can still add them later. Here are the options for adding full-text URLs for Similarity Check for existing deposits:
If you need to add full-text URLs for just a few items, the easiest way is to use our new Metadata Manager tool. You can find your existing article (even if you didn’t originally register it using Metadata Manager) and just complete the Similarity Check URL field. Then simply save and deposit.
If you have a large number of DOIs to update, you’ll find it easier to upload a .csv file of the DOIs and their Similarity Check full-text URLs to our web deposit form using the supplemental metadata upload option.
DOIs and URLs to be used for Similarity Check indexing must be submitted in .csv format. Your file may be up to 45 MB in size. We’ll automatically split the file into batches of 5,000 DOIs for processing, and we’ll send you two emails for each batch: a submission log, and a copy of the submitted XML, so uploading a large file may result in many emails.
Your file should contain two columns with the headings DOI and
<item crawler="iParadigms">, where DOI is the DOI being updated and
<item crawler="iParadigms"> is the URL being submitted for Similarity Check indexing.
Here is an example:
- Download your file of DOIs missing Similarity Check URLs from the Similarity Check widget, or prepare your file using our supplemental-metadata-upload sample file. Open your file using spreadsheet software (such as MS Excel), and replace the example DOIs (10.5555/test1) and URLs (https://0-www-crossref-org.lib.rivier.edu/test1) with your DOIs and URLs. Be sure to save the file as .csv and not as .xlsx (or any other file type)
- When your file is ready, go to the web deposit form
- Select the Supplemental-Metadata Upload option
- Enter your Crossref username and password in the appropriate fields
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field. This is the email address to which your submission log will be sent
- Select your .csv file (from step 1) for upload
- Click Upload .csv file and your full-text URLs will be submitted to Crossref for processing
- You will be sent a log by email when your URLs have been processed - please review the log to make sure your DOIs were updated successfully
- Some spreadsheet programs add additional quotation marks to the column headers, such as “DOI”,
<item crawler="iParadigms">. If your upload is not successful, please open your file in a text editor, and make sure the top line of the file is simply: DOI,
- . Edit if necessary, and resubmit (from step 2).
Upload a resource-only deposit
If you deposit Crossref metadata by sending us the XML directly, you may wish to update your existing XML using a resource-only deposit, as in this example XML file. Learn how to upload resource-only deposits to add metadata to an existing record.
A full re-deposit (update)
Run a standard metadata deposit by adding the Similarity Check URLs, as in this example. Don’t forget to update your timestamp!
Use our widget to check the percentage of Similarity Check URLs included in your metadata.