Upload JATS XML using the web deposit form
If you generate your own XML files in JATS (NLM) format, you can deposit these using the web deposit form:
- Select Data Type = NLM File
- Click Browse to locate the NLM XML file you are uploading
- Enter your Crossref username and password
- Enter your email address
- Enter DOI information and URL information
- If your XML contains
<article-id pub-id-type="doi"> you do not need to enter a DOI in the form.
- If the XML contains
<self-uri> and that URI contains the URL you intend to register with your DOI, you do not need to enter a URL
- Click Upload NLM Data to submit.
NLM JATS to Crossref conversion
We have a basic JATS-to-Crossref XSLT conversion that can be used to transform NLM JATS-formatted XML into Crossref-friendly XML. You may download the .xsl file for local use. We also support a single article upload using our web deposit form - learn more about the web deposit form.
- The journal title used for Crossref deposits be included in the
- The DOI should be included in
<article-id> with attribute pub-id-type=‘doi’
- The DOI URL should be included in
- The JATS document type definition (DTD) does not have an appropriate place to include the email element used in Crossref deposits - this needs to be added manually.